SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Spinach Mushroom Quinoa with Garlic

Sometimes eating healthy can be expensive or a little overwhelming. Since beginning this journey I have stuck to fairly similar recipes and haven't branched too much out of the ordinary. BUT that has to change:)

My goal is to take simple ingredients, make a delicious but flavorful side dish...by no means am I a chef.....I will leave that one to my brother. However, I am the same as everyone else, a mother, with a family to feed, who is looking to loose weight all on a budget.



For an added side dish to any recipe, give this one a try:

Spinach, Mushroom Quinoa with Garlic

1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 package of Mushrooms
1-2 cups of spinach
1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
1 tbsp of Minced Garlic

1. Simmer garlic in Coconut Oil on medium heat
2. Sautee Mushrooms
3. Once mushrooms are sauteed ad in Spinach
4. Once Spinach has become wilted, stir in cooked Quinoa
5. Serve

From time to time I will add in some Balsamic Vinegar for some added flavour


Post a Comment