SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Zucchini Carrot Mini Muffins

Desserts and treats I have to say are my absolute fav, I am SUCH a treat person! Finding balance with everything is key thought and all in moderation:) I generally try recipe after recipe to find something that we all enjoy. This recipe I found over one the Cupcakes and Kale Chips website and it was moist and tasty and we all enjoyed it just the same!

I am finding more and more that my little dude is enjoying veggies less and less. This means that this momma has to find some more creative ways to try and sneak them in. I am sure at some point he will catch on but for now these are healthy and nutritious.



I will be whipping up a bigger batch and throwing them in the freezer for easy grab and go. 

Zucchini Carrot Muffins:



  • 1 cup gluten free flour
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
  • ½ cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup finely grated zucchini
  • ½ cup finely grated carrot
  • ½ cup raisins


  • Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in the center of the oven, and coat a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
    2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
    3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup (or honey), egg, and vanilla extract.
    4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just barely combined.
    5. Add the zucchini, carrot and raisins and stir gently until just distributed.
    6. Fill each cup in the mini muffin pan approximately ¾ full (I use a small cookie scoop slightly overfilled).
    7. Bake at for 15-20 mins and serve! 


    Enjoy: Michelle xox

    1 comment :