SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Spaghetti Squash

As fall begins to set in and the children are commencing back to school I find myself seeking out some different "comfort" foods. Pasta is one of my all time favourites. If there is a way that I can still enjoy it but stay on track, I am willing to do it.

I have begun to focus on cooking one recipe for the week to portion out for my lunches, this helps keep me on track with my plan and still enjoy some delicious foods.



You could cook up a couple of various meals, freeze them and use them as grab and go if you prefer to have something different daily.

This recipe could be altered to add in some different flavours, maybe some mushrooms, ground turkey etc.

Enjoy!

Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Spaghetti Squash
One serving Grandmas Pasta Sauce(Fixate Cookbook)
Spaghetti Squash
2 cups of Spinach
Half of a jar of Roasted Red Peppers-chopped
1tsp Coconut Oil

1. Begin by boiling a large pot of water on the stove. Slice the Spaghetti Squash into 4 quarters and cleaning the seeds out. Add the squash to the boiling water. 
2. In another pan add 1 tsp of coconut oil, add spinach and sautee until wilted. Add peppers and pasta sauce and simmer on low.
3. Once the squash is cooked, remove from pot and scoop out the squash noodles
4. Add noodles to the sauce and simmer on low 10mins
5. Portion out your serving and try adding a tsp of Goat Cheese on top:)

Enjoy!

Michelle xo


Post a Comment